Thursday, January 15, 2009

Can I Just Sit Quietly and Learn?

Apparently not...

Some people thrive in an interactive learning environment...I do not. I am not criticizing or objecting to the format used in the classroom, however, I personnally learn better through visual more than audio. Maybe I have been conditioned through the Public School systems and/or previous military training that were not interactive, to sit quietly in class and listen. I catch myself at times being more preoccupied with trying to interact and expand and/or counter another students comments, that I miss the majority of what was said.

Major David Settje
Student
Command and General Staff College, ILE
Ft. Belvoir, VA

"The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not reflect the offical policy or position of the Department of the Army, Department of Defense, or the U.S. Government."

No comments: