Thursday, January 15, 2009

Glad to be here (II)

Hello everyone,I'm glad to be here at Fort Belvoir with everybody in SG 29B! Honestly, its great to be back in the States, as my family and I are currently living in Germany, and I haven't spent any significant period of time back in the States in quite awhile. Although I really miss my family right now (my wife and I are the proud parents of two 8-month olds), I know that I will have a tremendous opportunity to apply what I learn in ILE at Fort Belvoir to my future military career.

Insofar as my future is concerned, I'm hoping to return to Germany and assume a Key Developmental position upon completion of this course. I am also hoping to finish my MA in Counseling Psychology within the next 4 years and eventually compete for a Professor of Military Science position at a major university, where I can also work towards a Doctorate in Psychology. After I leave the military, I would still like to work with servicemembers (specifically those working through different levels of PTSD) in the future.

Well, that's all for now...
Nathaniel J. Orlowski
MAJ, FA
ILE-CC (Command and General Staff College), Fort Belvoir, SG29B

"The views expressed in this BLOG are those of the author and do not reflect the official policy or position of the Department of the Army, Department of Defense, or the U.S. Government."

No comments: